About Our Firm
Consistent with a goal established early in life, William founded the accounting practice of William S. Robinson, CPA to provide professional and affordable accounting and other financial management services to a variety of non-profit and business clients. The firm began as a part-time operation in 1997, and today the firm provides efficient and expert solutions to businesses, privately held corporations, individuals, clergy, churches, and other non-profit organizations in North Carolina, South Carolina, & Virginia. While the firm’s primary services include accounting, taxation, attestations, and business consulting, the firm offers a host of specialty services to cater to the unique needs of our diverse group of clients. The same passion and professionalism is provided of all of my clients regardless of the size or nature of their operations. My continuing mission is to serve with integrity and professionalism. Call for your free initial consultation today
William S. Robinson, CPA
Phone: (252) 413-6852
A native of Halifax County, William lived most of his formative years in Kinston North Carolina and graduated from Kinston High School. He received his Bachelor’s of Science degree in Accounting from East Carolina University in 1988. William’s 16+ years of financial management experience with large multi-million dollar organizations affords has given him the understanding necessary to bring creative solutions to a wide array of business problems. William presently lives in Greenville with his wife Patricia and two daughters Candace and Charity.
William was licensed by the North Carolina Board of Certified Public Accountants in 1996. He is an active member of the North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants. He has extensive financial management and compliance experience with both small and complex organizations. Before founding the Certified Public Accounting, William worked as an financial auditor, internal auditor, and finance officer.
His professional experience includes the following:
- North Carolina Office of the State Auditor, Assistant State Auditor, 1988-1992 providing financial and operational audits of governmental units
- Senior Internal Auditor, East Carolina University, 1992 ? 2000 performing operational audits and providing management advisory services
- Assistant Vice Chancellor for Administration & Finance, East Carolina University, 2000 ? 2004 managing $100+ million operating budget
William is active in the Greenville community, working with:
- Holy Temple Church, Associate Pastor & Religious Executive Board (1996 ? present)
- Brethren United in Life Development (BUILD) of NC, Inc., Chairman Board of Directors (2002-present)
- Pitt County Boys and Girls Club, Board of Directors (2000-2004)
- Greenville-Pitt County Chamber of Commerce Faith Based Task Force (2002 ? present)
- Coastal Plains Chapter of NCACPA, Greenville, NC, Member